Re: Add column if not exists (CINE)

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: Add column if not exists (CINE)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On 21. Juli 2010 17:16:13 -0400 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I get the same error message from concurrent CREATE TABLE commands
> even without CINE...
>
> S1:
> rhaas=# begin;
> BEGIN
> rhaas=# create table foo (id int);
> CREATE TABLE
>
> S2:
> rhaas=# begin;
> BEGIN
> rhaas=# create table foo (id int);
> <blocks>
>
> S1:
> rhaas=# commit;
> COMMIT
>
> S2:
> ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
> "pg_type_typname_nsp_index"
> DETAIL:  Key (typname, typnamespace)=(foo, 2200) already exists.

Funny, never realized that before, but you're right.

> I agree it would be nice to fix this.  I'm not sure how hard it is.  I
> don't think it's the job of this patch.  :-)

Yes, i agree. I would like to mark this patch "Ready for Committer", if
that's okay for you (since you are a committer you might want to commit it
yourself). Given that there's still some discussion in progress, i'm not
sure about it, however. The patch itself looks fine to me and I'm traveling
this weekend, so i don't want to hold it off as long as necessary.

--
Thanks
Bernd